Welcome to the NCDMC Mailing List!
This document describes how to be a happy member of the NCDMC Mailing List family. Think of this mailing list as an informal conversation around the dinner table. Ask relevant questions, or just sit and listen. Break the rules and you will be excused from the table. And, as with the dinner table, if you want to leave, you must ask to be dismissed. This list server is an informal means for everyone interested in the NCDMC to share information. It is intended as a means to allow members to share information on their cars, club activities, etc., and is not an official source of information from the NCDMC.
To avoid utter chaos and anarchy, the Moderator wears the pants around here. Break the rules and suffer the penalty. If you have a complaint about a posting, tell the Moderator. If you are caught bickering on the list, you will both be sent to your rooms without dinner. Make the List-Owner/ Moderators angry, and your access privileges will be (at least temporarily) suspended.
(1) No Flaming - on or off line. "Just Be Nice"
(2) No cross-posting. Even if you have multiple subscriptions, send only to "NCDMC@egroups.com"
(3) Do your homework. Make sure you know what you're talking about before sharing it.
(4) Stay on topic. NO chain letters or political endorsements.
(5) No copyrighted materials.
(6) KISS -- Keep It Short and Simple. Trim quoted material, and keep your signatures short. Messages carrying more than one prior message will probably be rejected.
(7) Use an appropriate subject. Summarize your post in the subject. Descriptive subjects get more attention.
(8) Use discretion. Post prudently, and send private emails when appropriate.
(9) Please do not attempt to post picture files or other attachements to the list. It may or may not go though.
(10) Set your email program to submit inline text. HTML or other formatting works very unreliably and sometimes will not come through at all.
(11) If you are posting something for sale, or otherwise looking for private answers, put your email ID in the body of the message. eGroups filters out the last letter of your address in order to inhibit spam robots from picking addresses out of the archives.
(12) Moderators will usually comment rejections. Be sure to look through the notice and see what you can correct. If you are ever in doubt about the rules, consult the moderator first.
Copyright © 1999/2018 NCDMC